Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day of Rest

5 days of teaching are in the books!!! We are now enjoying a weekend off.

So far, things are going well. We have slowly increased my workload, thereby making my role less of an observer and more hands-on.

The class on laptops went very well. I taught 3 students at a time while the rest watched a educational movie. It was their first time to work with a computer, and you could tell they enjoyed it! It was easily the most focused I had seen them. Our lesson included typing “abc123” and “inja” (the Xhosa word for “dog”). I’m told that as students returned to the class, they were buzzing with excitement. Perhaps we should show them the wonder of google next :)

No plans this weekend other than relax and catch up on sleep. Thank you again for your wonderful support, and I hope you have a magnificent day!

God Bless,

-Cameron

IMG_0984-2012-08-18-09-44.JPGIMG_0998-2012-08-18-09-44.JPGIMG_1012-2012-08-18-09-44.JPG

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Cameron! Thanks for the posts and pix. It looks like a happy place with lots of structure and lots of freedom for you. So much to learn. I hope you are picking up the Khosa, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Cameron, do you have a mailing address? you can email me or tell your mom if you don't want it here.

    ReplyDelete